DIGITAL GUTS 2020: DEVICES TO DEVELOP A NON-ORGANIC CORPOREALITY.
Open laboratory focused on research the interconnectivity between bodies and digital devices to explore a non-organic corporeality. The intention is to generate a collective space for critical thinking about conceptions of the body.
We work with basic programming tools to develop specific digital devices to connect organic and non-organic data. By using open source platforms [Pure Data and Arduino] we explore tools such as proximity, motion, video and audio sensors, for physical interaction through real-time processing.
Through contemporary dance we rethink the relation between body and digital devices. Seeing the devices as tools for exploration of a post-organic corporeality, with and understanding of the body as a moving field.
At the end of the workshop we propose to show the research in a exhibition in a performantive/installation format.
TO WHOM IT'S DIRECTED
The workshop is aimed at people interested/related to dance, digital art, programming and performance, who are interested in the research or creation of digital devices to explore with their corporeality.
• Introduce the participants in the programming languages Pd [Pure Data] and Arduino.
• Explore digital and electronic tools for the creation and development of body sensing devices.
• Investigate through dance the relation between body, device and programming.
• Visualize new possibilities as a body through the experimentation of digital devices.
• Space of reflection in the political involvement of cyborg and post-human practices.
To know about the next Laboratory visit ournews. For any question or proposals, do not hesitate to contact us to email@example.com.